What we love…
- Among sweet Lolita fans Angelic Pretty is the frosting a the perfect pink Lolita cupcake.
- The brands concept is to extend, or rekindle, a girls childhood dream of being a fairytale princess—so what you end up with is a serious blend of lace, ruffles, crinolines, and bows, all in a sea or candy colored pink. The quality of the pieces here are also much better than some of the other shops you can find this look in, but with quality also comes higher price tags.
- Since the entire store is pink it can be a little overwhelming at first. Everywhere you look you'll find a cute (or 'kawaii' in Japanese) outfit or accessory that lends itself to Lolita style. The entire staff is decked out in the complete sweet Lolita look, and because the brand only sells ones size, the staff double as in house models for the collection, showing off just how cute each piece is.
- The sizing of the dresses can be a problem for larger sizes who want to rock this look, however many of the accessories like socks, jewelry, and hair accessories can still be purchased.
- You'll find only two stores Angelic Pretty shops in Tokyo (one in Laforet Harajuku and one in Shinjuku), although there are a few others in other Japanese cities. Recently this popular Lolita brand brought it's pinkness to both Europe and America, opening a store front in Paris and San Francisco.