Old Spitalfields Market
What we love…
- Practically a new market every single day!
- With a rotating schedule of vendors and events over the week Old Spitalfields Market never gets old.
- Monday to Wednesday you'll find the general market that hosts stalls with fashion, food, and trinkets all year round.
- Thursday's the market transforms into wonderful antique market where dealers from all over England come to hawk collectibles and antiques. If you're seeking a vintage map, print, toys, jewelry, clothing, or furniture there's no better day to source it than Thursday. The market opens early for the antique dealers at 8 am, because well, the early bird gets the best deals.
- Friday is known as fashion Friday where you'll find most of the stalls selling contemporary fashions at reasonable prices.
- Saturday is king if you happen to be a vintage hunter, as we are. The first Saturday of the month the market holds the now famous Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair with tons of (you guessed it) affordable vintages treasures. This is the brainchild of well known celeb stylist Judy Berger who brings together 80 stalls of vintage magic, from quirky to quintessential.
- The second Saturday of the month plays host to a number of vintage record stalls where you'll find tons of quality music—if you're lucky maybe one signed by one of the musical greats.
- The third Saturday the market is home to the Pop-up Vintage Fairs, where London's best vintage traders meet each week with a wide array of retro threads, accessories, and oddities that fill the market grounds.
- If you can't coordinate your travel schedule with one of the days above your best bet is to make your way over on a Sunday where the market fills with the best vendors including fashion students and local artists selling everything from hand-made prints to fabrics.
- There's plenty of food to be had in and around the market. We're partial to Square Pie for a hearty dish of pie and mash that will keep you sufficiently fueled.
- Also there's a number of fantastic retail shops surrounding the market such as Lomography, Jigsaw, Fred Perry, and Barbour.