What we love…
- Square Pie in Old Spittalfield's Market serves up compact, one serving pies that are not only delicious but a filling, and cost effective way to spend your lunch time £.
- Now if you didn't grow up on this side of the pond you might be thinking pie is dessert. Well quite the opposite here, these savory pies are stuffed with combinations like chicken and mushroom, spinach and feta, lamb and rosemary, and of course the king of pies—steak and Guinness.
- From time to time you'll also come across the untraditional combos like green Thai chicken curry, or mac and cheese to spice up the selection. We had the pleasure of checking out the mac and cheese and—although not technically a pie—it was extremely tasty none the less.
- Each pie is baked using fresh ingredients with no preservatives or colorings, and really is a great way to try a classic British dish while you're exploring the Spitalfields Market.
- Don't forget the sides! The mushy peas and mashed potatoes smothered in gravy are not to be missed, and we love that it's all packed up in a little box for us to take away.