Hell's Kitchen Flea Market
What we love…
- Every Saturday and Sunday the space near Port Authority and Time Square in Hell's Kitchen transforms into one of the best markets in New York.
- Notoriously good deals on fantastic vintage and secondhand treasures can be found at shockingly low prices (for New York), and most are sold by a exuberant characters who love to bargain with you. Truthfully the vendors that sell here are half the draw, not only are they good natured and funny they also know a hell of a lot about the product, so you can get a little history lesson to boot.
- This market has been voted the best place in NYC to snag quality furniture at great prices, so if you're new to the city and need to furnish you're tiny digs, this is a good place to start.
- You'll find an assortment of well prices vintage and gently used items including signage, jewelry, prints, furniture, housewares, and tons of fashion.
- The fashion is a mix of classic vintage pieces and trendy secondhand stuff, like Mad Men-esque dresses, furs, and designer Chanel bags, to some more recent, but totally on-trend shoes and clothing.
- When's the best time to go? During the winter months when it's cold in New York you'll only find a few hardcore vendors braving the elements to keep the market going, but from April to October the market is in full swing with vendors packing the streets.
- Feeling peckish after saving all that dough? Make a stop at one of the numerous food trucks that service the hungry market shoppers and grab some dumplings, crepes, or coffee to warm your insides.
- Between April-October there's a Food Truck Bizaar every second Sunday of the month, here you'll score some of the cities best street eats all in one spot. Good food and good vintage what more can you ask for?