What we love…
- Central Park is beloved by tourists and locals who head here when they need some green in their urban lives. The park is often used as a running track, dog walking park, sun-tan spot, meeting place, and it just happens to be the most visited park in America.
- Although many claim that Central Park is in the "center of the city", it really isn't. The park is uptown, located between the upper east and west side, and since it's so close to all the museums Central Park is an attraction you can easily hit after the American Museum of Natural History, Metropolitan Museum of Art or Museum of Modern Art. If you're downtown and need a dose of greenery you can head over to Washington Square Park the other great park in New York.
- Central Park often hosts marathons, and art exhibits and of course Shakespeare in the Park, the cities outdoor theater event that has taken place in the park every summer since the 60's. The park use to be a bit seedy but today it's super clean, and for the most part totally safe. You'll always people wondering around, but even at it's busiest you can usually find a little corner with no one around to relax in.
- We're not what you would call outdoorsy—not by a long shot, but there is something special about Central Park that makes you instantly fall in love with it. Perhaps it's New York skyline in the distance, reminding you that you're just a hop skip and a jump away from shopping and food when you get tired of the trees.
- Log in to post comments
Hours & Location
Sun - Sat: 6:00-1:00
- 59th-110th and Fifth Ave-Eight AveNew York , New YorkUnited StatesPhone: 212 360 3456