Dege & Skinner
What we love…
- Dege & Skinner is one of Savile Row's oldest tailoring establishments, dating back to 1865. They are well known for their bespoke suits, and are masters at military uniforms, equestrian, hunting, and other sport suiting.
- Dege & Skinner also hold the royal warrant of HM The Queen, HM The Sultan of Oman and HM The King of Bahrain, with military uniforms consisting of about a quart of their total business. If you aren't familiar with tailored suiting you might not understand how complex and detailed military uniforms can get, trust us when we say that a cutter who is an expert in military uniforms knows his or her way around a cutting table.
- Another great benefit of choosing this house for your bespoke needs are their in-house made custom shirts. Mr. Robert Whittaker is their skilled shirt-maker, and he is well known throughout the world for his suburb cut and fit. It's easy to see the benefits of having your suit and shirt made by the same house, they seem to hang together perfectly, each complimenting the lines of the other.
- If you desperately want a Dege & Skinner suit but can't make it to London don't fret, you can make an appointment to meet with them on one of their many overseas trips to the USA, Japan, and other parts of Europe.
- For more information on the famous street click here: Savile Row. To read an interview with Tristan Thorne, Under Cutter and European Traveling Representative at Dege & Skinner, click here: Inside Savile Row