Langham Place Mall
What we love…
- Langham Place Mall is a 15 story shinny skyscraper in Mong Kok that houses over 200 stores featuring shopping, beauty, and food. This mall is dedicated to junior style so most the brands you'll find here are targeted at the youth market, making this an interesting stop for those looking to explore the local fashion scene.
- This structure itself was built in 2004 so it's fairly new. When you first enter the main floor the architecture is striking and modern with lots of windows and a giant silver spiral art installation that fills the open space over the escalators. To conserve space Langham Place Mall is built in a stacked vertical style, meaning there are a lot of levels to explore but each level is fairly compact. To allow shoppers to reach the top quickly Langham place is outfitted with a two Xpresscalators that will allow you to skip floors and head right to the uppermost level. The Xpresscalator located on the 4th floor will take you directly to the 8th floor, and another Xpresscalators will take you from the 8th up to the 12th floor in just a minutes. This can get a bit confusing if you aren't use to this kind of layout, if you don't want to skip floors there are separate escalators that will take you to each individual floor. At the top between the 9th and 12th floor there's a spiral staircase which corkscrews around in several sloped ramps. When we visited we headed straight to the very top and made our way through to the basement levels, a good game plan if you want to take in the entire space.
- As mentioned this mall is dedicated to junior style so you won't really find many designer labels when it comes to clothing and accessories. Ultra cool Asian brands like AAPE by Bathing Ape, Cubic, Funky Gabe, Bauhaus, Muji, and our favorite junior Hong Kong label Initial are all here, along with international brands such as H&M, Monki, and Adidas. In the basement you'll find the Japanese department store Seibu, which carries a range of youthful Japanese fashions and accessories.
- Langham Place also has a wide selection of beauty departments featuring luxury make-up and skin care booths from NARS, Shiseido, YSL, and Christian Dior to name only a few.
- Although sweets and chocolate shops are scattered through out the mall, the main restaurant area in on the 4th floor where you'll find coffee, take-away with MOS Burger, Korean BBQ, Chinese noodles, and Sushi. Pepper Lunch is one of our favorite fast-food options here, you can get a sizzling iron plate of spicy steak, veggies and rice for fairly cheap. There are a few sit down restaurants on the 13th floor as well as Sky Bar where you can score fancy cocktails and Western style dishes.
- One of the main features is that the mall is open later than most until 11pm each night making it one of the few place you can shop well into the night.
- To reach the mall from the MTR get off at Mong Kok Station and follow Exit C3, this will allow you to enter Langham Place directly.