What we love…
- If you're a girl under 30 this place is heaven on earth. If you're over 30 this probably isn't for you, but it's worth a visit just to see trend overload like only Tokyo can do. Whether you're into Japanese street fashion or you're into dressing like a furry, Shibuya 109 has 10 floors of the newest (and not quite validated) fashion trends. Each floor has it's own style, so if you're not in love with the look on one, go to the next.
- Store after store of crazy colors, layered ruffled and lace looks, with the occasional hello kitty inspired sparkly accessory to complete your outfit—it's truly a teenage dreamland.
- You'll find most of the popular Japanese junior collections have a section here, so if you're short on time this should be on your list.
- Guys don't feel left out, if you cross the street you'll find the a similar department store just for you. It's called 109 Men's and is several floors of some of the trendiest guys fashions we've ever seen. Although to be honest, if you're from New York or Los Angeles you might think you're in a tall, skinny women's department store. Bonus points, there's a salon in the basement so your lady friends won't be bored while you grease into those leather pants in the dressing room.
- These complexes are ultra popular amongst Tokyo teens and they set the tone for a walk through the trendy streets of Shibuya—one of the world's most fashionable neighbourhoods.