What we love…
- This massive Opening Ceremony Tokyo flagship is more like a department store than a your typical boutique or shop. As with all OC's stores the merchandising is amazing and the range of designer threads represents the crème de la crème of fashion and style—easily making this complex one of our favorite concept shop in Tokyo.
- The store is divided up into eight levels, and in typical quirky Opening Ceremony style, each of the level represents a different style of American architecture that uses complex sets to merchandise their fashionable merchandise. Fun carts, filing cabinets, animal display cases, and mannequins that look as though they could break into dance at any second are scattered around the room. The store design alone is reason enough to visit, although the collection of designer goods from all over the world is the main event.
- You'll find the best pieces from a long list of designers and super brands like Acne Studios, Comme des Garcons, House of Holland, Aesop, Imitation of Christ, and House of Hackney, along with a growing selection of OC's own brand of apparel and accessories including books, interior goods, and music.
- OC has grown into a full lifestyle brand covering all aspects of stylish living. One of our favorite things to explore are the numerous limited edition and collaboration pieces that OC does with other designers and brands such as Adidas Originals, Chloe Sevigny, K. Jacques, Tumi, Rob Pruitt, and Philip Lim to name a few. These pieces are designed specifically for the OC stores so you won't find them in any of the major department stores.
- The venue hosts not only the retail collection but is large enough that parties and events can be held there as well—and who wouldn't want their event held at such an eclectic and style conscious spot?