What we love…
- Fresh fish is always on the menu and it's always delicious! The menu changes daily based on the fish they purchase each day so you'll be paying market price for items you order.
- This is an Izakaya (Japanese bar that serves food) so you'll likely see a lot of people coming in after a day at the office.
- It's home to Tokyo's version of the soup nazi—Izakaya nazi. Strict rules are: You can only order once, there's no prices on the menu, 1.5 hour time limit per table, and absolutely no mobile phones in the dining room (dining room is on the second floor).
- Once the food arrives, you forget about the douchie rules and enjoy some of the best seafood you'll ever eat.
- Food is surprisingly affordable (since we always expect the worse when there's no prices) and portions are absolutely massive (no need to order seconds!)
- If you can't stand not knowing the price of what you'll be ordering, stay on the first floor and order from the standing bar where food is about half the price and clearly marked on the menu.