What we love…
- There's something so warm and inviting about a good waffle. Sweet, chewy, with a crisp and crunchy exterior—Manneken is the perfect snack for just about any time of day.
- This Belgian waffle shop has been around since the 80's and is a popular treat with the locals, which means there's usually a line up spilling out of their small Ginza shop.
- These aren't American style waffles (on a plate and served with syrup) they are small, snack sized waffles that you can eat on the go. They come in a variety of different flavors depending on what's in season at the moment such as strawberry, maple, chestnut, covered in chocolate, stuffed with cream, or, the good ol' classic original.
- As with everything we do we couldn't settle on just one and had to try several, really can you blame us? Each was good, but the cream filled waffle sandwich was by far our favorite. The custard cream was thick enough to stand on its own and added enough moister to the waffle to really make it satisfying.
- Although it's best to eat your waffles right away you can buy a box of individual sealed packages if you want to bring them home as souvenirs. But as expected, the prepackaged versions aren't nearly as good as the fresh ones—which is reason enough for us to eat the whole box on the way home.