What we love…
- Crazy, over-the-top fashion!
- To see Tokyo fashions in full effect one must venture to the famous Takeshita-Dōri (Takeshita street) in Harajuku for tons of indie shops and fun junior fashions.
- This pedestrian street is over 400 meters long and lined with youth centric shops catering to each and every teenage fashion whim and subculture you can think of. The street itself will most likely be packed with teenagers dressed to the nines toting bags stuffed to the brim with crazy frills and dark gothic looks.
- Keep in mind that many popular street styles have been born in the busy streets of Harajuku where trendy youth strut their stuff. Some of these shops are hawking new and exciting styles that might just be the next ‘big’ thing in fashion, so come here to see it first.
- Even if this type of shopping isn't your thing, the spirit of the street is really fun and worth a stroll regardless.
- You'll also find a number of generic fast-food joints although there are much better food option just outside of the shopping district.