What we love…
- To dig deep to French art history Musée d'Orsay must be on your list.
- This museum, housed inside a beautiful old railway station, holds some of the most important pieces of French Art including the worlds largest collection of impressionists and post-impressionist masterpieces.
- There are a number of works by the likes of Van Gogh, Courbet, Renoir, Cézanne, Monet, Manet, and Degas, along with a stunning collection of decorative art pieces that will thrill any lover of design.
- Although d'Orsay doesn't get as much fanfare as the Louvre, the pieces here are every bit as lovely.
- In fact, one of the things we like best about this museum is that it isn't as famous as the Louvre—which means no long lines and galleries that feel as though they are your own private viewing rooms.