Treasure & Bond
- Giving to a good cause while we shop!?! Where do we sign us up!?
- Let's be honest, we all love to shop, and even if you don't love shopping chances are you're going to have to pick up essentials or gifts at some point, so why not try and do something good for the world while getting your retail fix?
- The concept behind Treasure & Bond is just that, to mash up everything great about retail with everything great about charity with 100% of the profits going directly to charities right in New York City.
- Now there are other places you can shop that give to charity however they don't all posses the style that Treasure & Bond seems to have. This shop is owned and operated by Nordstrom so the quality of merchandise is great. You'll find stylish clothing, accessories, quirky gifts merchandised along side beautiful books and colorful interior pieces. There's even a selection of on-trend modern furniture if you're looking to outfit your entire home while you help out a good cause.
- Here's how it works. Every few months the shop picks a different charity to help and 100% of their profits from merchandise sold goes directly to that charity. The charities vary and are sometimes health related like The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society or Pediatric Cancer Care, Memorial Sloan Kettering. Other times they focus on arts programs such as National Dance Institute or The New York Public Library Programs for Children and Young Adults. At the end of the day the point is the money raised goes to further worthy causes in the city. When you shop at the store the sales associates will inform you which charity they are helping and you can shop knowing whatever you purchase will help that cause—this is one shop where buyers remorse never seems to rear it's ugly head.