R by 45rpm
What we love…
- Quality and attention to detail is the mantra at R by 45rmp, a Japanese brand that's got a cult following for their obsessive love of selvedge denim.
- Their obsession means you get one great pair of jeans. Zimbabwe organic cotton, slow weaved on antique looms, and dyed by hand (in most cases) to get a deep indigo blue that won't fade like your mass-market denims.
- The denims here have a slubby texture that comes from the yarns and weaving methods they use—which are all unique to the brand.
- All this attention to detail means these jeans aren't cheap, but they are the kind of jeans you'll live in for years and not have to replace, so that's worth every penny.
- The staff at the store knows the brand inside and out and can give you some pointers on which jeans will best suit your lifestyle, including the best way to care for your selvedge denims based on the wash you choose.