What we love…
- Japanese lingerie is—surprise, surprise—very cute!
- That world famous Japanese hospitality is exceptionally welcome when shopping for lingerie. These women are great at taking the time to find you the correct size and fit, then make you feel like you're doing them a favor. A rare feeling in New York City.
- There are a few select American and European brands like Aubade and Stella McCartney, but Kaori's Closet specializes in hard to find Japanese labels like Bico and Narue, in candy colors, pastel florals, and delicate ruffles and lace.
- For the same price as most department store brands, you can nab something much cuter and more obscure at Kaori's.
- These pretty under-things are more innocent and sweet than saucy, but sometimes a girl wants to be girly.
- These are Japanese brands, so the merchandise leans towards the smaller sizes. There are convenient conversion charts around the store, but if you're a double D you can save the time and skip this place.