What we love…
- This is not a shopping experience for the faint of heart, it's down and dirty label hunting at significantly reduced prices, so it can get a little crazy.
- Although it's no longer 'New York's best kept secret', Century 21 is still a great place to score some of your favorite name brands at seriously deep discounts. We're talking Missoni, Lanvin, Jil Sander, Viktor & Rolf, Vivien Westwood, Ann Demeulemeester, and Y-3 to name a few.
- Not everything that glitters is always gold though. While some items are amazing designer threads others are irregularly cut items that will never fit properly, so make sure you try on before you buy.
- Accessory shopping is exceptionally good at Century 21, designer bags, scarves, gloves, jewelry, and oh-my-god-the-shoes! will have you muttering to yourself that you simply "can't afford not to buy it" more than once.
- If you're into TV show "The Carrie Diaries" you'll likely recognize this place as the main characters first taste of Manhattan shopping scene. Centrury 21 been around for a while kept constantly busy by budget-friendly, fashion-forward New Yorkers.
- If you're visiting New York you'll want to head to Century 21 early in the morning (like 8am) during a weekday. Locals will be hard at work, and the entire store will be tidy and organized. Also wear a tight fitting layer under your jacket so you can quickly try on easy items without waiting for a fitting room.