What we love…
- Barney's has a killer selection of designer clothing and accessories that's really second to none. As far as luxury department store shopping goes, this is one of the best in New York.
- This flagship location has nine floors of covet worthy pieces, and as you would expect everything is beautifully merchandised, with plenty of space and perfect lighting highlighting the most gorgeous pieces. The second, third, and fourth floors are dedicated to designer collections, and the styles are split with about 60% dedicated to womenswear, and around 40% to men's.
- The Co-op floors are where you'll find the oh-so-trendy streetwear brands like ACNE Studios, Rag and Bone, Band of Outsiders and A.P.C. The co-op is a great place to start if spending 4 digits on a dress isn't really your thing. Men's Co-op is located on the 5th floor, while the women's is on the 7th.
- After perusing the various things you probably shouldn't buy but will anyway, head up to Fred's at Barneys on the ninth floor to refuel. To blend in with the ladies who lunch order champagne and the chopped salad.
- Unless you're decked out in head-to-toe designer duds it's not likely that you'll receive any kind of services at Barney's. Some of the staff (not all) have a tendency to ignore you (or worse, treat you like you're a shoplifter) if you don't fit their preconceived notion of who their customer is. Perhaps they are jaded from working on commission, perhaps their just snobby, doesn't really matter, just smile and find a sales associate who will help.