What we love…
- Clothing that's tough enough to travel!
- This strong English brand goes back to 1894 when it was primarily targeted at outdoorsy men looking for quality work wear that could stand rigorous activities like hunting, boating and the general strain of country living.
- The brand grew quickly due to it's catalog that was distributed internationally, and was quickly adopted by explorers and travelers looking for clothing that would last. These clothes aren't just rugged, they're fashionable, which is why they have remained popular with modern international travelers.
- Classic wax jackets are their most popular item and are still produced by hand in the town they started in—Simonside, South Shields England. Barbour is a lifestyle brand that carries a variety leather jackets, chino's, polo shirts, quilted jackets, and knits, all designed to make casual dressing feel elevated and chic.
- Although Barbour's history is firmly rooted in men's wear, they now produce a ladies wear collection that harkens the English Countryside, as well a children's line that looks like a shrunken version of their adult styles. Neither the ladies nor children's selection runs as deep as the men's wear, but they cover the basic essentials nicely, and have even created their trademark wax cotton jackets for both with the same detailing as the men's.