What we love…
- Besides being one of the best names for a sandwich joint we've ever heard, 'wichcraft' is also the home to some really delicious food.
- Health nuts love this place. Every ingredient is made from real, whole foods, that are often sourced from local artisans, farmers, bakers, and cheesemakers. The result: hand-crafted sandwiches with no fillers—just like your mom makes. The portions aren't huge, so if you're starving you may need to order more than one sandwich or a salad on the side. The portion size is small so the prices can stay low without affecting the quality of the ingredients.
- 'wichcraft was created by celeb chef Tom Colicchio (you know, the head judge from Top Chef), along with executive chef Sisha Ortuzar and culinary entrepreneur Jeffrey Zurofsky. Colicchio was also behind Gramercy Tavern (a New York favorite) and is winner of five James Beard Foundation Medals so it's obvious he knows his way around a kitchen.
- Try the 'slow roasted berkshire pork topped with red cabbage, jalapenos and dijion' or the 'pole-caught tuna with fennel, green olives, aioli and lemon confit'. Vegetarians will love the 'chickpea hummus with seasonal vegetables, tahini, za'atar and mint pesto' or the 'goat cheese topped with avocado, celery, walnut pesto and watercress'. The sandwich combinations are carefully crafted by top chefs to give you a gourmet experience for under $10.00.
- If it's cold outside consider getting your sandwich grilled, the hot sandwiches typically take about 10 minutes to make, but are so worth it on a cold day.
- 'Wichcraft also serves a variety of breakfast items such as 'egg croissant'wich', frittatas, and steel-cut oatmeal. The coffee isn't great, so stop by one of the cities awesome coffee shops to get some quality caffeine before you arrive.
- Each location around the city runs different hours (some aren't open for breakfast and others aren't open on Sunday) so make sure you check the location time if you are going outside typical lunch hours.
Hours & Location
Sun - Sat: 9:00-21:00
- 11 West 40th Street10018 New York , New YorkUnited StatesPhone: +1 212-780-0577
- 440 East 29th Street10016 New York , New YorkUnited StatesPhone: +1 212-780-0577
- 61 W 62nd Street10023 New York , New YorkUnited StatesPhone: +1 212-780-0577