Smile To Go
What we love…
- When you're in a hurry, but can't stomach another slice of greasy pizza, head over to Smile To Go in NoHo for budget friendly take-out that feels like a gourmet meal. Smile To Go is actually an off shoot of The Smile, a full restaurant opened by Melia Marden, who is praised for her rustic Mediterranean food. Following the popularity of the main restaurant, Smile To Go opened to supply New Yorkers with reasonably priced meal options that are fast and healthy, without compromising on flavor.
- Order a half or whole sandwich and choose between a small or large side salad box, depending on how hungry you are. We got the small to-go box ($9 USD) and with a half sandwich it was enough to keep us full until dinner.
- Since Smile To Go is all about seasonal eats, the menu is constantly changing based on what's in season at the time. A few options are usually on offer like the lovely manouri cheese sandwich topped with crisp arugula, thinly sliced pears, and sweet fig jam. Try the kale salad, the marinated eggplant caponata salad, or the pesto pasta for your sides, all were delicious. If you need something a bit more substantial try the half roasted chicken ($10 USD) with a side of cheddar apple biscuits—which are totally worth the extra carbs.
- For dessert grab the chocolate chip cookie topped with sea salt, it's the perfect way to finish your meal with something sweet. There are tons of other pastries on the menu at Smile To Go, but if you're a cookie lover the chocolate chip cookie is option for you.
- Situated in the heart of SoHo near chic shops like Opening Ceremony, American Two Shot and just blocks away from Alexander Wang and Surface to Air, you'll find that the typical patron of Smile To Go, has a taste for more than just gourmet eats. During lunchtime the line to this small restaurant stretches onto the sidewalk, and is peppered with fashionable young-things, and modelesque girls, dressed beautifully in designer duds. Clearly the location makes this an ideal spot to refuel after a shopping marathon, and on warm days you'll see the sidewalk outside lined people enjoying their salads. The seating inside is very limited so plan take your lunch to go if at all possible.
- Smile To Go is open for breakfast as well, serving an egg sandwiches topped with sautéed onions and quality coffee, and since the lines don't typically start until lunch there's little to no wait in the morning, and usually a table free.