What we love…
- The chaos alone is a flashing reminder of the grandness and the sleeplessness of the hectic city.
- From Broadway shows to mass market shopping, Times square is the most well know commercial neighborhood in America.
- During New Year's Eve, close to a million people pack into the square to celebrate the 'Dropping of the Ball'.
- Tourists from all over the world make a stop here to photograph the illuminated signs and jumbotrons that line the street.
- If it's your first time in NY you'll probably want to head to the bleachers at 47th street, where you can fight your way to the top to capture the perfect view of the square.
- Our favorite thing to do is catch a Broadway show, there's nothing better than live theater.
- Locals seem to be jaded by the flood of tourists that make time square frustrating to navigate at times. They never eat or shop there, because they know their money is better spent elsewhere (unless you stop in for a burger at Shake Shack).
- The name was changed from Longacre Square after the New York Times erected the Times building there in 1904.