What we love…
- Magnificent attention to detail is one way to describe Hostem, a niche menswear shop in London's East end. The best and most interesting designer menswear pieces are carefully curated in an equally interesting space, all targeted at men who treat dressing as an art form.
- On first glance you might assume the collection is vintage, due to the reclaimed Victorian wood floors, industrial fixtures, and antique furniture. However on closer inspection the interior is just a lovely contrast for the exquisite collection of modern designer goods. The entire store is bathed in dark neutral tones that create a sense of calm and unity among the brands on the racks. There are two rooms on the top level, each featuring a slight different take on
- You'll find a blend of well known high-end labels like Rick Owens, Junya Watanabe, Ann Demeulemeester, mixed with lesser known, but equally exquisite brands, like Label Under Construction, Geoffrey B. Small, and Alice Waese. You're sure to find something unique that your friends will surly covet.
- The basement level of Hostem is particularly innovative and worth a trip all on its own. Since the store is eager to shine light on new and exciting designers they've engineered a space to do just that. It's called The Chalk Room, and serves as a bespoke workshop cum showroom that hosts a rotating list of up-and-coming designer pieces. You can make an appointment to be fit for a bespoke shirt, or a custom pair of shoes, from some of London's newest and most interesting designers. We love this concept, it encourages customers to explore a range of designers they might otherwise never get to see, exposing some new blood on the menswear scene. Customers without appointments should still venture into The Chalk Room to check out the work of these designers on display, and make an appointment for some killer bespoke pieces.
- You'll find Hostem located in Shoreditch—the neighborhood to score London's best independent labels and up and coming designer wares. The shop is nestled on a quiet strip of Redchurch street surrounded by many of our other favorite London shops and restaurants. This neighborhood is where we spend most of our time while in London, its got a completely different vibe, one we really dig. Do yourself a favor and make Shoreditch a shopping destination, not just a stop along the way.
Hours & Location
Mon - Sat: 11:00-19:00
Mon - Sat: 11:00-19:00
- 41-43 Redchurch StreetE2 7DJ London , LondonUnited KingdomPhone: +44 020 7739 9733