What we love…
- Extreme luxury is the name of the game at the largest department store in Europe—and the grandeur doesn't disappoint. You'll enter Harrods greeted by a doorman dressed in the vintage green and gold uniform of the landmarks past have the power to instantly transport you back in time.
- Floor after floor, and room after room, Harrods seems never ending. Fashion, interior, gifts, beauty, and food are all covered and because of the historic building each room has it's own individual feel.
- The most sought after names in fashion from around the world can be found here, with mannequins perched on each balcony beckoning you to come experience their collections as you ride the escalator from floor to floor.
- The slogan at Harrods is "All things for all people—everywhere" this comes from the old saying "if you can't find it at Harrods, it doesn't exist." While it may be true that there's a diverse range of product found at this huge department store, it's unlikely that all people would have the bank roll to shop here.
- As far as all things, that's not quite the case. The majority of product is aimed at an upscale clientele, with plenty of champagne, crystal, silver, fine leather, cashmere, and silk. In fact Harrods use to be well known for their exotic pet department where they sold lions and monkeys to their wealthy clientele. While they still feature a pet department where you can find accessories for pampered pets, during the 70's they stopped selling exotic animals.
- The food hall features a wide range of eats from gourmet caviar to a quick sandwich you can grab on the go. Harrods has their own collections of tea, coffee, chocolates, wine, and preserves all branded with the iconic logo that make for a great gift.
- We really liked the Harrods hamper boutique which features several different baskets with clever labels for the person who doesn't have time to handpick their items. The Gentleman's Hamper was stuffed with everything the discerning gentleman would need for a great night including 12 year old Harrods Whiskey, designer biscuits and crackers, a variety of nuts, mustards, and olives. There's also a hamper for cheese lovers, tea lovers, and even neighborhood specific hampers such as the Mayfair which has a collections of extravagant products like wines, biscuits, and preserves all contained in a lovely leather trunk. We think one of these hampers would be the perfect addition for a romantic weekend away.
- If a sit-down meal is more your speed, head to one of the many restaurants located inside such as Laudree, Demoiselle by Gavin, The Champagne Bar, Caviar Bar as well as a few family friendly spots like The Ice Cream Parlour, Pizzeria & Canti Prosecco Bar, and the Disney cafe.
- It's safe to say this is the place to find a little luxury, so as you can imagine it's a very popular place around the holidays. A word to the wise, you'll find especially large crowds for their annual boxing day sale where you can find deep discounts on all just about everything your heart desires.
- Log in to post comments
Hours & Location
Mon - Sat: 10:00-20:00
Mon - Sat: 10:00-20:00
- 87-135 Brompton RoadSW1X 0NA London , LondonUnited KingdomPhone: +44 20 7730 1234