What we love…
- Bespoke tailoring is a time trusted tradition on London's Savile Row, and the house of Hardy Amies is one of the best.
- Head Cutter Stuart Lamprell knows his way around a pair of scissors, he is praised for his expert ability to create one-of-a-kind bespoke that reflect the customers personality.
- With a rich history that spans both women's and men's fashion, Hardy Amies is more than just bespoke suits. Sir Hardy Amies is credited for the first ever men's ready-to-wear fashion show. He was also the first designer to put a show to music, and the first to walk the catwalk at the end of the show—all things every famous designer now partakes in.
- Sir Hardy Amies had a way with words and has been quoted often by fashion editors, and stylists. One of his most famous quotes from the 60's “A man should look as if he had bought his clothes with intelligence, put them on with care, and then forgotten all about them” still rings true today, proving his brand and ethics live on.
- The house of Hardy Amies was known for his modern style and sensibilities, and today the house continues to produce contemporary clothing with enough edge to appeal to a young, fashion-forward crowd.
- Did you know that Hardy Amies designed the costumes for Stanley Kubrick's futuristic movie 2001: A Space Odyssey? He took the anesthetic of the mod 60's and incorporated some futuristic style and created the look for one of the most iconic movies of the 60's.