Dover Street Market
What we love…
- This five level concept market brings together the chicest names in fashion, art, and design all beautifully displayed in a semi-futuristic retail space.
- The concept here is to bring together the best creative minds in multiple design fields, mixing up both complementing and contrasting aesthetics.
- The layout of the space is a lot like an art installation. Oddly shaped structures and strange display cases hide around each corner, and half the fun is weaving your way through the different rooms.
- Much of the merchandise is akin to the collections you'll find at Colette in Paris. Part high-end, part street-savvy, with just enough collaboration pieces to keep things interesting.
- Don't get the wrong idea with the term market though, all this cool comes with some hefty prices tags. But with names like COMME des GARÇONS COMME, Azzedine Alaïa, Rick Owens, Ann Demeulemeester and one of London's east end gems Labour and Wait, you didn't really expect a deal did you?
- After you've perused the multiple racks of fabulousness head up to Rose Bakery, the trendy Brit bakery out of Paris (no you didn't read that wrong), that's serving up yummy treats in the tiny cafe on the top floor.