What we love…
- There are a few shops on the way to the Portobello Market that are open all week long and help to make that area a prime shopping destination—one of those shops is Chloe Alberry.
- This quaint little blue store front stocks a range of porcelain, crystal, and metal cabinet pulls, door handles, and hooks. The walls of the shop are lined with ornate mirrors that reflect light on the merchandise. The shop is set up to resemble an antique market with long tables covered in cotton fabric, and handles, knockers, and knobs all laid out in neat rows for you to inspect. The collection is punctuated by a few real vintage pieces like maps of England, old candy tins, skeleton keys, locks, and vintage ceramic bottles, which add any extra level or character and charm to any home.
- These aren't your typical hardware store variety accessories though, the interior accessories at Chloe Alberry are modeled after vintage and antique pieces and are unlike what you'll find at most big box stores—making this a favorite for people renovating historic homes, and interior designers looking to add a little whimsy to their designs.
- If you're in a rental flat there's no reason you can't indulge in something pretty too. Upgrade your your run-of-the-mill finishes with some of these unique pulls and you'll give your entire room a facelift. And the bonus is you can even take them with you when you move.
- These pieces are fairly small, meaning if you're a tourist you can easily pack them up and take them home as your souvenir! Wouldn't it be great to be reminded of your trip across the pond every time you entered your kitchen?