What we love…
- Britain has its fair share of menswear tailors, but this shop of Regent street is actually classic American brand, featuring preppy staples that are (mostly) manufactured in the good old US of A.
- Brooks Brothers has been known in the USA as the quintessential American preppy label. Beginning in the early 1800's in Manhattan Brooks Brothers introduced America to ready-to-wear suiting and accessories. Today the company is no longer American owned, it was sold first to Marks & Spencer in the UK, and later to Retail Brand Alliance in Italy. Although the line is no longer exclusively American made, many of the suits and shirts are still manufactured in the USA, with factories in both Long Island New York, and Massachusetts.
- The style at Brooks Brothers has been, and always will be traditional and extremely preppy. You'll find a range of suiting for the entire family, including their Red Fleece collection, features a range of casual attire such as polos and sweaters for those summers in the Hamptons. The high-end Black Fleece label is where you'll find the brands more design conscious pieces that are also at a higher price-point.
- We're partial to their line of no-iron dress shirts for women, they're fantastic for travelers who want to look chic abroad and avoid the ironing board.
- Did you know that Brooks Brothers has dressed 39 American Presidents? Obama, Clinton, Bush, Nixon, and of course, American boy-next-door Kennedy, all rocked the Brooks Brothers brand.