What we love…
- You might be thinking this is just one more run-of-the-mill pizza joint, but you'd be wrong. The specialty at Arancina Pizza is actually pizza al tagilo, and that is what makes it so great.
- Not your average round pizza pie, al tagilo is an Italian phrase that means 'by the cut' which describes how this pizza is served and sold. Al tagilo is a Roman invention made on a flat rectangle bread that is cut into squares—not the triangular slices you might be use to. It's usually sold by the size/weight of your cut, which requires you to tell the person behind the counter just how large a 'cut' you'd like. At Arancia they instead offer two sizes to pick from 8" (£6-7) or 11"(£14-16).
- There are several popular pizza combinations on the menu such as Margherita, Capricciosa, and Bianca, or you can create your own from a range of menu items.
- At Arancina you'll get a slice that will make you think, just for a second, you might be in Rome. The toppings are authentic (think buffalo mozzarella, spicy salami, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and plenty of extra virgin olive oil), the crust is perfectly cooked (soft inside with a light crunch on the outside), and the staff are as Italian as they come (the cafe is owned and operated by an Italian family).
- The name Arancina is an Italian for 'little orange', and is used to describe fried rice balls coated in bread crumb which are small and, well orange. The restaurant design was all based off the little orange theme, so when you see the mini orange car in the cafe window that displays a wide slab of pizza it will all make sense. Apart from the car, the rest of the pizzeria isn't all that fancy, but if you've had pizza al taglio in Italy you know the design of the cafe has nothing to do with the scrumptious eats inside.
- This little cafe has a range of other Italian specialties on the menu which are surly as authentic as the pizza. Sicilian classics like deep fried beef Ragu, oven baked lasagna, and of course, the anancina rice balls, are all fantastic—just make sure you leave room for wine.
- Log in to post comments
Hours & Location
Mon - Sat: 8:00-23:00
Mon - Sat: 8:00-23:00
- 9 Pembridge RoadW11 3HG London , LondonUnited KingdomPhone: +44 20 7221 7776