Portobello Road Market
What we love…
- Being one of the world's largest markets, it's a great spot to find London's vintage accessories, clothing, furniture, and collectibles.
- In the middle portion of the market you'll find surprisingly good cheap eats—just remember there's no seating, so if the weather permits, take your snack down one of the side streets and park yourself on the curb.
- Saturday is really the only day to visit the market, it's packed with the largest variety of wares, so if you only have one day make sure it's this one. Although some of the surrounding shops are open on the other days the vintage/antique portion is only in full swing on Saturday.
- Arrive early to avoid the typical tourist rush, and of course to snatch up the best selection of the day.
- Keep in mind that the market stretches pretty far and can get very crowded so give yourself enough time.