Times Square Hong Kong
What we love…
- Times Square Hong Kong is the largest shopping mall in the city, and the highlight of the busy Causeway Bay neighborhood. This massive complex has 16 floors and over 200 stores covering of just about every fashion taste. The best streetwear labels such as APE By A Bathing Ape, Zara, Pull & Bear, and Paul Smith sit next to luxury brands like Couch, Chanel and Gucci.
- Hong Kong is known for its dense population of jewelry stores and Times Square Hong Kong seems to have them all, Mont Blanc, Cartier, Tag Heuer, Tiffany & Co, and of course the Chinese favorite Chow Tai Fook to name but a few.
- If you're hungry head up to the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th floors where you'll find fast-food, coffee, sit down restaurants including Crystal Jade, one of the cities best dim sum joints.
- Besides the shopping and food Times Square Hong Kong also regularly holds events and exhibitions—including the New Year's Eve countdown which is similar to New York's NYE event complete with televised concerts and huge crowds. Often the ground level main area has some sort of interesting show set up to lure in passersby. Last time we visited the ground floor was transformed into a full size Barbie dream house, complete with life-size Ken and Barbie boxes for you to pose inside of for a photo.
- The entire Times Square complex sits on top of Causeway Bay station, a popular transfer point that you're sure to cross a few times during your stay.