What we love…
- Traditional Chinese clothing steeped history might not be practical for the modern traveler like yourself— that's where Shanghai Tang department store comes in. Shanghai Tang's motto is 'Re-Orient Yourself', a perfectly fitting mantra that talks to the brands goal: to give the world traditional 1920's and 30's Chinese clothing, jewelry, and home decor with a luxurious, contemporary twist. Think bold colored embroidered silks, lacquered woods, fine porcelain, leather, and jade. With all its old world charm it's hard to believe that Shanghai Tang has only been around since 1994, which could account for its youthful take on classic Chinese style.
- If you're looking for quality souvenirs such as clothing, accessories, and housewares that ooze Chinese luxury this is where you'll find them. Whether you're after a beautifully crafted 'cheongsams' (slim fit, mandarin collar silk dresses) or have the desire to eat your dinner with $100 chopsticks topped in jade, Shanghai Tang has you covered. Men will find a large area dedicated to custom suits and shirts with staff tailors to help you get the perfect fit.
- Although you can find some lovely traditional style clothing and accessories what we find more interesting at Shanghai Tang is the seasonal womanswear collections. These pieces successfully blend Chinese style and history with exquisite fabrics and fashion-forward silhouettes. Most of what you'll find at Shanghai Tang falls in the category of statement and investment pieces, so you know there are price tags to match.
- The home decor, stationery, and accessories make great gifts. Pick up small moleskin notebooks covered in Shanghai Tang's bold snake skin print, jewelry such as a bangles covered in a cherry blossoms and lattice cutouts, fancy chopsticks in silver and stone, or a silk scarf with the brands signature Liberty Print floral stamp motive. These type of extravagant gifts can be snapped up for between $60-250, and will delight anyone you plan on buying for back home.
Hours & Location
Sun - Sat: 10:30-20:00
- Shanghai Tang Mansion 1 Duddell Street, CentralHong Kong , Central and Western Hong Kong IslandHong Kong S.A.R., ChinaPhone: +852 2525 7333
- Pacific Place, Shop 105, Level 1, 88 Queensway RoadHong Kong , Central and Western Hong Kong IslandHong Kong S.A.R., ChinaPhone: +852 2918 1505
- 1881 Heritage House 1, 2A Canton Road, Tsim Sha TsuiHong Kong , Central and Western Hong Kong IslandHong Kong S.A.R., ChinaPhone: +852 2368 2932