Tuk Tuk Thai
What we love…
- One can only eat dim sum for so long before the palette begins to crave something a with a bit more kick. When this happens we head to Tuk Tuk Thai for some of the best authentic Thai food Hong Kong has to offer.
- Tuk Tuk Thai is known for its liberal use of spices, so if you like things hot and packed with flavor (which we do) you'll love this tiny little restaurant.
- Don't miss the Tom Yum Kung soup served with prawns and lemongrass. The coconut milk, lemon grass, and basil are perfectly balanced with hot chili, so you hit sweet, sour, and spicy all in one bowl. The pumpkin curry (pictured above), was also divine, and it doesn't hurt that it's served in a cute little hollowed out pumpkin.
- The restaurant is located in Hong Kong's Soho neighborhood, and although the restaurant is tiny, it's clean and modern, unlike some of the other smaller family run restaurants in the area. The staff is friendly, and the menu—like most places in Hong Kong—has English translations.
- None of the dishes were over $8.00 USD, so if you won't feel guilty when you order that second round of curry.