Shake em Buns
What we love…
- After a trek through central Hong Kong's hilly neighborhood you probably worked up a serious appetite, a void that might not be filled by rice. In fact you've might have a hankerin' for a good ol' burger with a side of crispy fries and cool vanilla shake, that's where Shake em Buns comes in. This grungy burger shack serves up fried American-style goodness, to a mixture of tourists and locals in the busy Central neighborhood.
- Shake em Buns has an eclectic menu with burgers, hotdogs, fries and shakes, all given x-rated names such as 'Happy Threesome', 'Gang-Bang' and 'Doggie Style'. Are the eats good? Definitely. Are the names in bad taste? Sure, maybe a little… but we know some burger junkies that might argue a good burger is better than sex.
- Since we're not offended easily we had no problem ordering up these sexy dishes. Overall the burger was cooked perfectly, the fries were crisp, and the bun was fresh. The toppings didn't blow us away but all-in-all coupled with a vanilla shake and a cold beer (yes, they also serve beer), we left happy and full.
- If you're feeling adventurous order up the 'Hawaiian Suffer Girl' (cheese burger topped with pineapple and bacon) or try the 'Tokyo Drip (classic burger topped with teriyaki sauce and mushrooms). The 'Happy Threesome' will get you three mini burgers if you want to sample a few. Vegetarians opt for the 'Sissy Boy', a garden burger topped with every vegetable in the place.
- Shake em Buns isn't high end or fancy—the inside doesn't have what you would call ambience—but it does hit the spot when you're craving a burger in a world full of dim sum.