What we love…
- Early morning pastry, mid-day sugar rush, or after dinner dessert, BreadTalk is a favorite for sweet, or savory snack pretty much any time of day.
- Buns stuffed with pork or custard, topped with sugared or melted cheese, you can find something to satisfy any carb-y craving, salty or sweet at this well lit little bakery.
- The pastries and breads are stocked on self serve shelves in small quantities and replaced often, meaning everything is super fresh. We stopped at several different locations and tried many different options (yeah, twist our arm), and all were soft, perfectly baked, and never stale.
- To serve yourself grab a set of tongs and a cafeteria tray from the front and start wondering around to pick out your buns and pastries. You'll pile your picks up on your tray and pass the entire tray (tongs and all) to the person behind the counter, who will bag up your bounty and ring you in. This method of self-serve is a common practice in other Asian bakeries in the city so you might as well get use to it.
- Prices are ridiculously low! For just 1-2 HKD (which is nickels in USD) will get you a hearty roll or pastry, so if you're on a tight budget this could be your go-to place of a quick bite without blowing your entire budget.
- BreadTalk is the sister company to ToastBox, a popular sit-down breakfast chain in Hong Kong. You'll notice they both follow the same western interior styling conventions, but are serving up an Asian take on western grub.
Hours & Location
Sun - Sat: 7:30-21:00
- G/F Shop B, JD Mall, 233-239 Nathan RoadHong Kong , Central and Western Hong Kong IslandHong Kong S.A.R., ChinaPhone: +852 2156 9220
- Shop No.308, Food Court, Cityplaza One, 18 Taikoo Shing RoadHong Kong , Central and Western Hong Kong IslandHong Kong S.A.R., ChinaPhone: +852 2907 0002
- 121 Baker StreetHong Kong , Central and Western Hong Kong IslandHong Kong S.A.R., ChinaPhone: +852 2365 7168