What we love…
- Fluffy cream filled pastries!
- Beard Papa makes simple, yet delightful cream puffs, that originated in Osaka Japan. These cream puffs are so tasty that these bright yellow Beard Papa shops can be found all over the world from Asia to the USA. In 1999 the man behind these delicious little treats (who roughly resembled the bearded man in the logo) sought to create the perfect pastry. He combined pastry dough on the inside with flaky pie crust on the outside to create the shell, then stuffed the middle with a sweet blend of vanilla custard and whipped cream. The result is airy, creamy with just enough sweetness—the perfect cream puff. (Side note: did you that when you add whipped cream to custard it's called 'Frenching your custard'?)
- Each puff will cost you about $12 HKD (about $1.50 USD), which isn't bad considering how much cream they're stuffed with.
- Apart from the classic vanilla puff Beard Papa also makes a range of other flavors such as green tea, earl grey tea, pumpkin and coffee. For the more adventurous pastry sampler, go for their designer puffs in flavors like éclair, cookie puff, or mont-blanc. They're all pretty good, but do yourself a favor and try at least one of the original vanilla, it was still our favorite.
- These are often referred to as 'the worlds best cream puff', a title we would have to agree it is well deserved.
- Log in to post comments
Hours & Location
- Sogo Department Store, Hennessy Road, Causeway BayHong Kong , Central and Western Hong Kong IslandHong Kong S.A.R., ChinaPhone: +85 2283 18404
- Shop 11, Mongkok MTR stationHong Kong , Central and Western Hong Kong IslandHong Kong S.A.R., ChinaPhone: +85 2392 1218