What we love…
- If you’ve got a designer carry-on for your duds your next luggage purchase has to be this gem that transports your most coveted belonging—your furry best friend, (and we’re talking about your beloved pet not your hairy girlfriend btw).
- The Sleepypod air is the king of pet carriers, and is designed for maximum comfort for both you and your pet.
- The king will cost you a mere $160 (plus tax and shipping). Sure that’s not cheap, but you do get what you pay for, and if you’re willing to spend that much to carry your shoes you owe it to your pet to keep them as comfortable as possible.
- The bag itself is very well made, and overall very chic. Unlike most pet carriers the Sleepypod Air could almost pass as a sporty overnight bag, if it weren’t for the large mesh panel across the top.
- The best thing about the Sleepypod Air are the ends that fold up so the carrier fits neatly under an airline seat—or rather that they can be UNFOLDED as soon as the seatbelt sign switches off so your pet can stretch out and enjoy the flight.
- The bag itself weighs 4 lbs with bedding inside—which is a soft faux fur that your pet will love. You can remove the bedding for a lighter bag (about 2.5 lbs), but be warned the bedding is weighted for a reason, it adds stability to the base of the bag, so without it the bedding the bag will sag, acting more like a very uncomfortable hammock than a stable carrier.
- The best way to carry the Sleepypod if you’re traveling with other luggage is to slip the Sleepypods convenient strap over the top of your rollerboard handle and rest it on top of your bag. There is also a clip to secure the bag so it doesn’t slide around to the other side.
- When you’re not using the bag it collapses flat, for easy storage, although if you leave it open your pet can also use it as a bed.